Southfield Township conducts all Federal, State, County, Township, School and Village elections. Primaries are held in August. Federal, Township, State and Village elections can be held every year in , May, August and November. Federal and State Primaries are held in August of even years. Federal and State General Elections are held in November of even years.
An Application for Absent Voter's Ballot are available to registered voters who are:
- 60 years of age or older.
- Physically unable to attend the polls without assistance of another.
- Appointed precinct worker in a precinct other than the precinct where they reside.
- Expect to be absent from the community in which you are a registered for the entire time the polls are open on Election Day.
- Cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of your religion.
- Cannot attend the polls because you are confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
Contact the Township Office at (248) 540-3420, via email or print a form from this website to request an Absentee Ballot.
If you wish to be placed on a permanent Absent Voter Application Request list your request must be made in writing. Contact the Township Office for a form or alternate directions.
On Election Day the Polls are open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. You must be a registered voter within the Township or must have registered to vote 30 days prior to the election. You can register to vote at the Southfield Township Offices, your Village Office, or any Secretary of State branch office through the mail using a mail in registration form.
Mail-in voter registration forms are available through the State of Michigan Website. If you chose to register using a mail in registration form and have never voted in Michigan you must vote the first time in person. An Absent Ballot cannot be issued.
State of Michigan Election Information
Absentee Ballot Tracker
Please download, complete and mail to Sharon Tischler, Clerk; 18550 W. 13 Mile Rd; Southfield Township, MI 48025-5262
Election Inspector Application
Request to Be Added to the Permanent Absentee List
Southfield Township August-November Absent Ballot Application
To verify that you are registered to vote, click here.
Voter Information Resources